Re: system-wide reject?

1999-05-13 12:13:22
On Thu, May 13, 1999 at 10:27:17AM -0700, Dave Robbins wrote:
is there a way to delete the spam and return EXITCODE 77 to the spammer
with either sendmail (8.9.3) or procmail (3.11pre4)?  Procmail is my
local mailer but I've never heard of a system-wide .procmailrc --
probably wouldn't be kosher.

From my BSD procmail manual:

 if no command line arguments are present, it starts to look for a file
 named $HOME/.procmailrc.

 [...]

 If no rcfiles and no -p have been specified on the command line,
 procmail will, prior to reading $HOME/.procmailrc, interpret commands
 from /usr/local/etc/procmailrc (if present). Care must be taken
 when creating /usr/local/etc/procmailrc, because, if circumstances
 per- mit, it will be executed with root privileges (contrary to the
 $HOME/.procmailrc file of course).

'man procmail' to see what is the system procmailrc location for your
system.

Greg
--
Gregory S. Sutter                     My reality check just bounced.
mailto:gsutter(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com