Re: new ZippedFiles email worm recipe

1999-06-11 17:48:39
Jerry Preeper said at one time:

This is what I have in my rc.viruses file.  Comments, easier way to do this?

:0B f
* I received your e-mail and I shall send you a reply ASAP
* take a look at the attached zipped docs
* zipped_files.exe
|formail -A "X-Spam-Reject: rc.viruses - worm.explore"

:0

You might consider just filtering for 'zipped_files.exe' and
not depend on the text. I received a notice about this from CERT
and I included some text below.

Also, I am not an expert at making recipes, perhaps yours are
a shorthand, but isn't there supposed to be a '^' or some such
indicating an action following the '*'?

Enclosed CERT text:

"The ExploreZip Trojan horse has been propagated in the form of email
   messages containing the file zipped_files.exe as an attachment. The
   body of the email message usually appears to come from a known email
   correspondent, and may contain the following text:

   I received your email and I shall send you a reply ASAP.
          Till then, take a look at the attached zipped docs.

   The subject line of the message may not be predictable and may appear.."

Thanks,

--Paul T,

--
Windows98 (noun): 32 bit extensions and a graphical shell for a 16 bit
patch to an 8 bit operating system originally coded for a 4 bit