Re: All recipes stopped working

1999-06-29 20:15:34
(Please fold long lines.  See http://www.imc.org/draft-gellens-format
for a possible future standard for this problem.)

At 09:47 AM 6/29/99 -0700, Daniel R Sullivan wrote in one long line:
Ok, I emailed this list about a week ago, and since then I've been working on
a perl script, the concept is to take an entire email and plunk it into a
MySQL database.  For some reason, I can't get the email to save as a file I'm
using this recipe:

:0:
IN.testing

So many possibilities, so few clues.

What happens if you turn on (verbose) logging?  Does the mail go to
your regular mailbox?  If not, is there an IN.testing file in another
directory (did you set MAILDIR?)  What does the preceding part of
your .procmailrc look like?  What does your .forward look like?
Does .forward actually get looked at (try forwarding to another account
to find out)?  Can you run the recipe using procmail from the command
line?  Can you run it from the command line on the machine that
actually delivers your mail?

That should work right?

There are a lot of things that could go wrong.  Posting more information
such as answers to those questions will help us help you better.

<HTML>
<HEAD>

Oh ugh, HTML too?

Cheers,