procmail + (emacs) Pgnus-0.83

1999-06-29 20:42:14
Setup:
procmail-3.13.1-1
Pgnus-0.83
Emacs-20.3

procmail, to split my mail.  This is working as advertised, but for
one glitch.  .Procmailrc is generating 7 spool files with ".in" as
suffix, but gnus is only slurping 4 of them.

Details:

All procmail created spools are in the same directory.  All have the
same suffix FILE.in.  All have the same permisions:
~/spool:
-rw-------   1 reader   reader     631102 Jun 29 19:52 backup.in

I can't see any differences about the ones that gnus  won't slurp.

.procmail.log shows no sign of error, or any problems.  Apparently
Procmail is doing its job.

The code in pgnus init files (.gnus) (not posted) is working or no
groups would be slurped.  They aren't called by name, just a general
pointer to the proper directory and the suffix used.
(I'll post both .procmailrc and .gnus items if necessary)

I suspect some oversite that isn't really related to procmail but
hoped a fellow pgnus user here, might be able to spot a problem.