rules won't bounce messages!

1999-07-13 12:39:24
Before the upgrade of our mail server to HP-UX 10.20, I have rules as
such which bounced messages in my .procmailrc file:

:0:
* ^From address
{ EXITCODE=77 }

I was using a private copy of procmail that I compiled myself and put in
~/bin

After the upgrade, it stopped working, i.e., I got NO messages.

I recompiled procmail.  Version info shown below:

$ procmail -v
procmail v3.11pre7 1997/04/28 written and created by Stephen R. van den
Berg
                                                        <srb(_at_)cuci(_dot_)nl>

Submit questions/answers to the procmail-related mailinglist by sending
to:
        <procmail(_at_)informatik(_dot_)rwth-aachen(_dot_)de>

And of course, subscription and information requests for this list to:
        <procmail-request(_at_)informatik(_dot_)rwth-aachen(_dot_)de>

Locking strategies:     dotlocking, fcntl(), lockf()
Default rcfile:         $HOME/.procmailrc
Your system mailbox:    /var/mail/lyonsd

Now, the other rules I've got which redirect certain messages are
working, but mail isn't getting bounced from certain address.

Suppose I want to bounce messages from hpcu(_at_)atl(_dot_)hp(_dot_)com(_dot_)

With the following rule, mail from that address still gets through:

:0:
* ^From(_dot_)*hpcu\(_at_)atl\(_dot_)hp\(_dot_)com
{ EXITCODE=77 }

If I use the following rule:

:0:
* ^From(_dot_)*hpcu\(_at_)atl\(_dot_)hp\(_dot_)com
{ EXITCODE=77 }

Messages from that address are writting into a file called
"EXITCODE=77".

Why won't this rule bounce messages anymore?

Thanks.

Dave