Re: Rescanning your inbox

1999-07-29 12:50:59
On Wed, 28 Jul 1999 11:51:51 -0700 (PDT), Stephen Hill
<nugrange(_at_)best(_dot_)com> wrote:
On Mon, 26 Jul 1999, Pete wrote:
Due to a few errors with my procmailrc file I have ended up with all
my email in /var/spool/mail/plaven.
Is there anyway I can "rescan" that file to get the now working
receipes to toss the email into their respectful folders?
In the procmail man page, towards the bottom, there is a nice
script that does what I believe you want done:

It's not really necessary to go through all that, it's a useful script
for completely hands-free operation but for the occasional "hand
rescan", it's probably both simpler and better to just

    mv $MAIL temporary
    formail -s procmail <temporary

If you're scared that moving $MAIL will break some things, you will
need to lockfile -ml and copy, at which point the given script is
worth revisiting, perhaps with the changes you mentioned.

Hope this helps,

/* era */

--
 Too much to say to fit into this .signature anyway: <http://www.iki.fi/era/>