Filtering 'user unknown' error messages

1999-08-04 10:36:28
Hi,
I manage a large distribution list where often people don't unsubscribe
but just change email address (aargh!!).
This way I receive a lot of "USER UNKNOWN" error messages back from the
server.
Also, I manage the users list with a mysql db and Php3 scripts.

 What I thought to do to solve the problem is the following:

- process incoming mail with a procmail filter
- look into the body of the message for an address (or a list of addresses)
  in this format:
  <email_address(_at_)server(_dot_)com>
- extract the address(es)
- send it/them to a php3 script which connects to the mysql db and sets
  the user/s as expired

Do you think this is possible or that I should continue to do it
by hand?

  Do you have any suggestion/recipe to do it?

   TIA,
  Roberto Boschin.