Re: Can't make procmail work

1999-08-13 19:16:39
"Forest, Etienne" <EForest(_at_)teleglobe(_dot_)ca> writes:
But it doesn't work.  I know that the .forward is ok, because when I change
"procmail" to
"blabla" in it I stop receiving mail (so the mail is sent to a non-existant
program and lost).
But with "procmail" in my .forward file, I receive all my mail normally, but
no copy is done
anywhere.  I also tried to send the mail to an existing directory, or
directly to /dev/null
(taking care of removing the "c" flag - so I shouldn't receive any mail
anymore) and none
of this works.  I receive all my mail normally and the desired effect is not
achieved.

What are the permissions on your home directory?  By default, procmail
won't trust your $HOME/.procmailrc file if it is group or world writable
or if your home directory is group or world writable.

You can confirm this by checking (or having your admin check) the mailog
(or wherever syslogd sends messages with facility LOG_MAIL).  If this
is the problem, there will be entries saying

        Suspicious rcfile "/path/to/home/.procmailrc"

Philip Guenther