Re: Inbox Anomalie

1999-08-13 17:30:58
On Fri, 13 Aug 1999, era eriksson wrote:

 (You probably mean ^Subject:.*(fast.*cash|make.*money) -- also, these
  So what exactly does the ( )'s do and how is that method better

A(B|C) means AB or AC whereas AB|C means AB or C. So you were saying
"Subject (anything) fast (anything) cash" or "(any header containing)
make (anything) money" where I imagine you also wanted to look for the
latter alternative only in the Suject header.

  Ahh, now it makes sense, had a feeling it was somethign simple

  That pretty much did it, once I added a DEFAULT=Inbox line to my
.procmailrc it worked the way I expected it to work. I can't remember

(Are you sure it wouln't be better to persuade Pine to monitor
whatever the "default DEFAULT" was and fetch mail from there? You
could see what happens if mail arrives while you are viewing the Inbox
in Pine; if it automatically gets and incorporates new mail without
losing your changes, you should be fine.)

  By default DEFAULT are you referring to the /var/spool/mail/USERNAME
file? Pine will automatically move the mail from the main file to the
Inbox file of my choice. Updating the Inbox window even when visible. I
believe, but I havn't verified it completely, that pine uses a lock file
on the Inbox file when moving mail.
--
     S.Toms - tomas(_at_)primenet(_dot_)com - http://www.primenet.com/~tomas
                S.u.S.E. Linux v6.1+ - Kernel 2.2.11

After a number of decimal places, nobody gives a damn.