Re: Inbox Anomalie

1999-08-13 02:18:11
On Thu, 12 Aug 1999 22:36:09 -0700 (PDT), "S.Toms"
<skull(_at_)primenet(_dot_)com> wrote:
On Thu, 12 Aug 1999, era eriksson wrote:
   :0:                     # Fast Cash or Make Money SPAM!!!
   * ^Subject:.*fast.*cash|.*make.*money
   Trash
(You probably mean ^Subject:.*(fast.*cash|make.*money) -- also, these
  So what exactly does the ( )'s do and how is that method better
then what I had so I know for next time. I can't really find a
reason WHY it should be the way you suggested.

A(B|C) means AB or AC whereas AB|C means AB or C. So you were saying
"Subject (anything) fast (anything) cash" or "(any header containing)
make (anything) money" where I imagine you also wanted to look for the
latter alternative only in the Suject header.

  That pretty much did it, once I added a DEFAULT=Inbox line to my
.procmailrc it worked the way I expected it to work. I can't remember

(Are you sure it wouln't be better to persuade Pine to monitor
whatever the "default DEFAULT" was and fetch mail from there? You
could see what happens if mail arrives while you are viewing the Inbox
in Pine; if it automatically gets and incorporates new mail without
losing your changes, you should be fine.)

/* era */

--
 Too much to say to fit into this .signature anyway: <http://www.iki.fi/era/>
  Fight spam in Europe: <http://www.euro.cauce.org/> * Sign the EU petition