Re: Inbox Anomaly

1999-08-12 05:56:03
S.Toms asked,

|   Not sure whats going on, but I'm hopeing someone may know. I was under
| the impression that everythign that isn't covered by a fliter goes into
| the Inbox (or the main mail file).

Everything not delivered when procmail reaches the end of the last rcfile
is delivered to $DEFAULT, and the default value of $DEFAULT is that of
$ORGMAIL (which usually will point to your system inbox as displayed by
procmail -v).

Apparently the value for $DEFAULT in your .procmailrc is not the same as
the one you have set for Pine.  If you want procmail to use ~/mail/Inbox
as well, you have to set

  DEFAULT=$HOME/mail/Inbox  # procmail does not grok tildes

somewhere near the top of your .procmailrc, or if you've set

  MAILDIR=$HOME/mail

then it will be enough to specify

  DEFAULT=Inbox