Re: Inbox Anomalie

1999-08-12 22:49:40
On Thu, 12 Aug 1999, era eriksson wrote:

   :0:                     # Fast Cash or Make Money SPAM!!!
   * ^Subject:.*fast.*cash|.*make.*money
   Trash

(You probably mean ^Subject:.*(fast.*cash|make.*money) -- also, these
broad regexes might accidentally match where you don't want them to,
e.g. on Subject: pacemaker costs too much money; a useful although
tedious solution is to list more expressions like "make lots of money"
explicitly if you want to match them.)

  So what exactly does the ( )'s do and how is that method better then
what I had so I know for next time. I can't really find a reason WHY it
should be the way you suggested.

the results. Anyway, am I mistaken about everything going into the
Inbox that doesn't match a filter??

Procmail saves to $DEFAULT which is probably not ~/mail/Inbox and
probably whatever $MAIL is set to in your interactive shell. Pine

  That pretty much did it, once I added a DEFAULT=Inbox line to my
.procmailrc it worked the way I expected it to work. I can't remember
the authors name of the FAQ (she just posted yesterday for people to
review it) but that note should probably be added to it as her original
FAQ is where I got my .procmailrc setup from.
--
     S.Toms - tomas(_at_)primenet(_dot_)com - http://www.primenet.com/~tomas
                S.u.S.E. Linux v6.1+ - Kernel 2.2.11

SHIFT TO THE LEFT!  SHIFT TO THE RIGHT!