Inbox Anomalie

1999-08-11 22:09:45
  Not sure whats going on, but I'm hopeing someone may know. I was under
the impression that everythign that isn't covered by a fliter goes into
the Inbox (or the main mail file). Well I have a few filters for my
mailing lists that look like the following

   :0:                     # Procmail Mailing List
   * ^X-Mailing-List:(_dot_)*procmail(_at_)informatik
   "Mailing Lists/Procmail Mailing-List"

there are 4 lists I'm on and the filters all resemble that one. I also
created a couple basic spam filters to kill the make money quick crap that
looks like the following

   :0:                     # Fast Cash or Make Money SPAM!!!
   * ^Subject:.*fast.*cash|.*make.*money
   Trash

I have them moving to Trash instead of /dev/null just until I'm happy with
the results. Anyway, am I mistaken about everything going into the Inbox
that doesn't match a filter?? Because the only way I could get other mails
in the Inbox was to add the following filter after it checked for lists
and spams

  :0:                      # All other mails (unsure why)
  Inbox

I'm using Pine 4.10, procmail v3.11pre7 with no .forward file, Pines inbox
path is set as follows,
   inbox-path=~/mail/Inbox
so any ideas??
---
     S.Toms - tomas(_at_)primenet(_dot_)com - http://www.primenet.com/~tomas
                S.u.S.E. Linux v6.1+ - Kernel 2.2.11

God is the tangential point between zero and infinity.
                -- Alfred Jarry