Re: AIX/Procmail problems...

1999-08-24 21:26:17
premeau(_at_)uwp(_dot_)edu (Steven Premeau) writes:
I'm am arguing with AIX 4.3.2, sendmail 8.9.0, and procmail 3.13.1..

Procmail is my LDA (or local mailer), and it working fine in that role.
However, it is not running my .procmailrc..

Does mail delivery take place on a host that mounts your home directory?
Does anything appear in the mail log (that is, wherever syslog messages
of facility LOG_MAIL go)?

When I run procmail from a command line, I have no problems...

What happens when you invoke procmail is delivery mode from the command
line?
        procmail -f $USER -d $USER <a-message-in-a-file

If that exhibits the same problem, and doesn't generate any indicative
error message then try running that same command line as root with a
system call tracer.  For example, under Solaris I would use truss:

        truss -o truss.out procmail -f $USER -d $USER <a-message-in-a-file

while under Linux I would strace:

        strace -o truss.out procmail -f $USER -d $USER <a-message-in-a-file

Philip Guenther