Re: Procmail and security in RH6.0

1999-08-24 21:34:25
dirk(_at_)calvyn(_dot_)puk(_dot_)ac(_dot_)za writes:
altogether, but still keeping my .procmailrc.  The recipes still
work well, but the mail that passes through the filter does not
go to my inbox.  The relevant recipe read:

:0
$DEFAULT

with $DEFAULT set to my normal mail spool file, but it seems that
the new security settings don't allow me to send something there
in this way.  All my non-filtered mail bounced to sender.

At this moment, I've renamed .procmailrc so that I can at least get
my mail.  This is not nice.

Are you still getting messages from procmail in /var/log/maillog?
Does anything appear in you procmail logfile (you _do_ set LOGFILE,
don't you?)?  What if you put VERBOSE=on right above this recipe?
Do you set DEFAULT yourself, or are you using the default value?
If the latter, I would suggest putting the line

        LOG = "DEFAULT = '$DEFAULT'
        "

above that recipe just to see what procmail thinks DEFAULT is set to at
that point.

Finally, when messages bounce, do they have any error messages from
procmail is the bounce message?

It sounds like procmail doesn't like you mailspool for some reason and
so is unsetting DEFAULT and ORGMAIL during its startup.

Philip Guenther