"!" action doesn't rewrite envelope

1999-08-26 21:06:23
I've a recipe to forward mail from one address of mine to another.

 :0
 * condition
 ! my(_at_)other(_dot_)address

Unfortunately, it's arriving with the envelope sender unchanged.  Is that
a problem in procmail 3.13.1 or is it a problem in the program invoked as
$SENDMAIL on the forwarding site?

I expected the downstream delivery to show the forwarding point as envelope
sender; usually it does, and we're always seeing posts from people asking how
to squirm around that.   I want it that way!

Guess I'm going to need to change the action to

  ! -f $LOGNAME(_at_)$HOST my(_at_)other(_dot_)address

or worse,

  | formail -I'From ' -IReturn-Path: | \
    $SENDMAIL $SENDMAILFLAGS my(_at_)other(_dot_)address

Feh.  That should be the default behavior from the code I am using now.