Re: Help With Procmail

1999-08-30 01:53:10
On Fri, 27 Aug 1999 23:45:42 -0400 (EDT), Stan Ryckman
<stanr(_at_)sunspot(_dot_)tiac(_dot_)net> wrote:
At 12:03 PM 8/27/99 -0700, Jeff Grossman wrote:
delivery to /mail/Mailing Lists unsafe: No such file or directory
I am not quite sure from your recipe what you are *trying* to do...

I think I'm able to provide a bit of background here. The recipes Jeff
is using come from comp.mail.misc, where he asked about using Procmail
with Cyrus. So what he's trying to do needs to be seen in that
context.

Having said that, I don't think very many people here are using Cyrus,
or even know much anything about it. Perhaps the guy who posted the
original DROP recipe could help debug it.

For debugging purposes, it's often useful to try to reduce the problem
to its simplest components. I.e. can you get the dmail command to work
from the command line, using similar options and input? If yes, try to
figure out what part of the environment Procmail is missing. (Procmail
might be running on a different host than where you have login access,
and runs with a very bare-bones environment, setting only a few
variables such as LOGNAME, PATH, etc.) If not, figure out what you're
doing wrong by reading the manual pages etc.

The web page <http://www.iki.fi/era/mail/procmail-debug.html> has some
additional ideas.

Hope this helps,

/* era */

You might want to make sure you have SHELL=/bin/sh at the beginning of
your .procmailrc if your login shell is csh or tcsh, although that
hardly plays a role here.

--
 Too much to say to fit into this .signature anyway: <http://www.iki.fi/era/>
  Fight spam in Europe: <http://www.euro.cauce.org/> * Sign the EU petition