Re: Help needed

1999-09-09 09:34:47
Dallman Ross <dman(_at_)netcom(_dot_)com> writes:
From: Juha Linnanen <pillar(_at_)iuakk(_dot_)fi>

Here is something what I have been trying to do:
--------

        FROM=`formail -rtzxTo:`
        :0c: lock.tmp

Is whitespace after the colon defining the local locfile a no-no?
I don't know, but I suspect it would be.  So you'd want
:0c:lock.tmp  or :0c :lock.tmp.

Whitespace is legal all throughout the ':0' line.  The following is legal:

        :          0            c            :    lock.tmp

The only places whitespace isn't ignored are inside a multi-digit number
of conditions (but you should be just saying "0" and letting procmail do
the counting) and inside a locallockfile name.  If you want whitespace in
the locallockfile name you have to quote it.  Otherwise, procmail emits
a 'skipped' warning and ignores everything after the first whitespace
character.

Philip Guenther