Re: recipe (evil)

1999-10-06 12:56:15
* Ruud H.G. van Tol (rvtol(_at_)isolution(_dot_)nl) [991006 14:24]:
I want messages coming via lists to have a "Reply-To: the list".
I hate the complaints like : "please don't send me private copies
anymore, I am on the list you know".

That complaint, to me, is silly.  I reply to you and the list because it
is to YOU.  A decent mailer (which was suggestion #2) Can put all the
messages to the procmail list in one place and mail to you in another.
That way when I reply to you, you know it immediately (since you did
contribute to the thread, and are assumedly interested.)

My Outlook Express only has "Reply to Author" and "Reply to All",
not "Reply to the Channel" or whatever.
Maybe that "Mail-Followup-To:" is an idea, never heard of it,
on my way!

Right, citing suggestion #2, get a decent mailer.  Or at least one that
maintains the In-Reply-To chains so that people who do use decent
mailers (with REAL Threading) can see the messages right.

Also, you can always do your own repling by copying names out of the
headers.  Or, if you like, use PROCMAIL on your local system to add a
Reply-To pointing wherever you'd like.  Just don't screw the list so
that I have to invent procmail recipes to make it right again.

jon

--
Jonathan J. Miner-------------------Division of Information Technology|
miner(_at_)doit(_dot_)wisc(_dot_)edu                  University Of Wisconsin -