Re: [procmail] recipe (evil)

1999-10-06 12:29:33
LD, thanks for the tips.

2. creates a "Reply-To: the list"

   Like I said many times in the past, this is evil, because it
prevents people from sending private replies.  The "right" way to do
it
is:

(1) Use "Mail-Followup-To:" instead;
(2) Use a decent MUA, that can distinguish between the various reply
   forms.

I often send an unintended reply-to-the-author.
That reminds me that I have to change the To: now,
LD is still there.
I want messages coming via lists to have a "Reply-To: the list".
I hate the complaints like : "please don't send me private copies
anymore, I am on the list you know".

My Outlook Express only has "Reply to Author" and "Reply to All",
not "Reply to the Channel" or whatever.
Maybe that "Mail-Followup-To:" is an idea, never heard of it,
on my way!

Ruud