Re: Thoughts on speed-up?

1999-12-02 09:17:49
On Thu, 2 Dec 1999 17:50:37 +0200 (IST), Brock Rozen
<brozen(_at_)torah(_dot_)org> wrote:
On Thu, 2 Dec 1999 at 09:20, Philip Guenther wrote about "Re:
Thoughts on...":
Hmm, do you have a global lockfile? If you turn on verbose
logging, where do the timestamps show the time is being taken?
Global per-user or per-system? I have lockfiles listed for all of
my recipes that actually write to files. Some of the recipes
deliver to the same file, so their lockfile is the same.

A global lockfile is something that looks like LOCKFILE=whatever near
the top of your .procmailrc.

I turned on verbose logging, but I don't see timestamps anywhere.

It should look something like this:

 $ procmail DEFAULT=/dev/null VERBOSE=yes /dev/null </dev/null
*procmail: [17030] Thu Dec  2 18:10:41 1999
 procmail: Rcfile: "/dev/null"
 procmail: Assigning "MAILDIR=/h/3/ykiel/reriksso"
 procmail: Assigning "LASTFOLDER=/dev/null"
 procmail: Opening "/dev/null"
   Folder: /dev/null                                                          0

The line marked with an asterisk * is the time stamp. You should see
one per second while Procmail is running (I believe).

:0
* ^TO_\/(listone|second|third|fourth)
Why are you putting in the forward slash altogether?

\/ is the magical operator for putting whatever matched into MATCH.

What would happen if the word second appeared in the message body, but
otherwise the message didn't match any filters. Would it still get caught
by that filter?

IIRC the filter was set up to only look at the headers (no B flag).

/* era */

--
 Too much to say to fit into this .signature anyway: <http://www.iki.fi/era/>
  Fight spam in Europe: <http://www.euro.cauce.org/> * Sign the EU petition