Re: string parsing (was questions about ^TO_ and MATCH)

1999-12-04 14:28:09
| You could even make use the @ as list-separator, instead of the % ;-)

Actually, I do.  My format is ! for record separator, % and @ for field
separators.  You see, I hate subject tags, so I remove them, but the
subject tag is not always "["extracted-text"] ", so each record consists
of either (with exclamation points to separate records)

   regexp-to-match-extracted-text"%"folder_name
or
   regexp-to-match-extracted-text"%"folder_name"@"tag_to_remove

where, if tag_to_remove is defined for that list, or if
"["extracted-text"]"
appears in the subject, a later recipe will replace the tag and any spaces
around it with one single space.

I meant to squeeze another few lines out of your recipe:
when you leave the '@' at the end of MATCH, etc.

Ruud