Re: MX backup + compress.

1999-12-13 07:03:54
On Sun, 12 Dec 1999, Jason C. Leach wrote:

hi,

We are going to have another system act as a email backup for us, and we
will in tern do the same for them.  I think it has something to do with
the MX system.

Hello,
 I'd just point out that on backup MX server never set in /etc/sendmail.cw
name of tjose machines for which you act as a backup. Otherwise all
e-mails which were accepted by your backup machine will be delivered
locally (by LDA ;-)) and that means the machine will start complaining
that user doesn not exit and send Mail-Daemon messages back to senders.

I wrote a paragraph mostly for myself at
http://www.natur.cuni.cz/~mmokrejs/sendmail

  There might be something of interrest for you, specially those MX
strategies and filter rules on router for example.

--
Martin Mokrejs - PGP 5.0i key at: finger://mail.natur.cuni.cz/mmokrejs
<mmokrejs(_at_)natur(_dot_)cuni(_dot_)cz> Faculty of Science, The Charles