Re: Altering Subject Headers

1999-12-20 05:20:12
Yep.  Use the following recipe as an example, and make the
modifications where required.

# replace subject of Trafficview Report: Estimated freeway driving
# time is xx.x minutes to Drive Time: xx.x minutes.
:0 fhw
* ^Subject:.*Trafficview Report: Estimated freeway driving time is \/.*
| /usr/local/bin/formail -I "Subject: Drive Time: $MATCH"

Bryan
---On 12/19/99 at 11:36, someone may or may not have written 0.7K bytes---
Just curious.

I get a couple of mailing lists that prepend some text to the start of
the subject header.  And I was wondering if there would be some way to
make procmail remove it.

As an example.  I'm on the LinuxCprogramming list and that list has
just started prepending "[LCP]" to the beginning of every subject
line.  So if someone posts to that list with the subject "blah blah"
it comes to me as "[LCP] blah blah".  Can procmail get rid of that
"[LCP]" for me?
--
|       Bryan Albright      |     bryana(_at_)uswest(_dot_)net    |