RE: Vacation Procmail

1999-12-28 13:59:11
hi,

can anyone tell me if this is telleng me that my 'formail" program is not
working?

"procmail: Executing "/usr/bin/formail,-D,8192,msgid.cache"
procmail: Program failure (1) of "/usr/bin/formail"
procmail: Assigning "LASTFOLDER=/usr/bin/formail -D 8192 msgid.cache"
procmail: Unlocking "msgid.lock"

any help is appreciated

-regards

greg

-----Original Message-----
From: Bennett Todd [mailto:bet(_at_)rahul(_dot_)net]
Sent: Tuesday, December 28, 1999 9:05 AM
To: Jon Keller
Cc: procmail(_at_)informatik(_dot_)rwth-aachen(_dot_)de
Subject: Re: Vacation Procmail

1999-12-27-18:50:45 Jon Keller:
I am using the example from procmailex for setting up a vacation recipe.

Please try my attached version as a starting point; it makes rather more
extreme efforts to avoid nattering at mailing lists or posters to same.

The recipe works fine, but I would like to change the From address on the
vacation email.  When procmail sends out the email, the From line reads
like From: jak(_at_)domain(_dot_)com - because that is how my account is
setup on the
box.  But i would like for it to say From:
Jon(_dot_)Keller(_at_)domain(_dot_)com Is this a
procmail thing or Sendmail rulke thing?

I _think_ From: comes from formail, where it's assembling the reply.

This is untested, but I think if you added to the formail invocation another
option "-IFrom: Jon(_dot_)Keller(_at_)domain(_dot_)com" that might do it.

-Bennett