Re: "moving" mail from Groupwise to Outlook

2000-01-06 01:10:18
On Wed, 5 Jan 2000 15:33:15 -0800 (PST), "Mark R. Cervarich"
<mark(_at_)shelfspace(_dot_)com> wrote:
At work we've changed mailprograms from Groupwise to Outlook.

Which is worse? (Sorry, couldn't resist.)

I'd like to forward all of my old/saved messages to my new
(outlook) account, but when the messages show up in outlook, they
say they've come from me and contain the date/time of when it got
forwarded with the message inside of it.

"Forward" sounds like altogether the wrong thing to do if you want to
preserve original headers. You should look for some sort of "save as"
or "import/export" function.

Does Groupwise speak IMAP? If yes, I think you could just save to an
IMAP folder on a friendly nearby IMAP server, then open that folder in
Outkook, and wallah.

(Not exactly familiar with what evil treacherous bad broken things
IMAP will do to the headers but it's probably less evil than
forwarding in any case.)

Hope this helps,

/* era */

--