Re: Permissions Issue perhaps?

2000-01-13 14:10:53
Colin wrote,

| By chmod'ing /home/users/username/Procmail, and .procmailrc to 0644 should
| solve one part of the problem.

644 is fine for .procmailrc, or 600 if you don't want anyone else to be able
to read it, but 644 permissions for a directory won't allow anyone to cd into
it.

| The only sad part of that is that I can't cd into the /Procmail directory
| or edit any of the files after doing that.

... and if you can't cd into a directory, you can't read or write or execute
any files in it nor cd to any subdirectories of it.

Chmod the directory to 755, or to 711 if you don't want other people to ls
it.