Re: Backup in mbox format?

2000-01-17 11:37:42
Aaron Schrab <aaron+procmail(_at_)schrab(_dot_)com> said:

Do you definitely want to use mbox format, or do you just want it in a
format that your mailer supports?  As has already been said mbox doesn't
work too well for this type of thing, but mutt supports MH folders.  To
get it to recognize your backup as a MH folder, just create a
.mh_sequences file in your backup directory:

No, your suggestion is just fine -- all I want is to quickly browse an index
of the backed up messages to ascertain that I did not miss out on anything.

  touch backup/.mh_sequences
  mutt -f backup

How is this supposed to work..? Following your instructions above leave me
with an emty index. Without the .mh_sequnces file the index looks like this.

1   ../
2   msg.-iE
3   msg.OgE
[..]

Have tried with an .xmhcache file too - same result

Morten