Re: Backup in mbox format?

2000-01-16 20:12:41
At 13:32 +0100 16 Jan 2000, Morten Bo Johansen <mojo(_at_)image(_dot_)dk> wrote:

However it saves the backed up messages in the MH folder format (I think). I
would just like them to be saved in the mbox format so I can browse the
messages in my mailreader like any other mailbox.

Do you definitely want to use mbox format, or do you just want it in a
format that your mailer supports?  As has already been said mbox doesn't
work too well for this type of thing, but mutt supports MH folders.  To
get it to recognize your backup as a MH folder, just create a
.mh_sequences file in your backup directory:

  touch backup/.mh_sequences
  mutt -f backup

--
Aaron Schrab     aaron(_at_)schrab(_dot_)com      http://www.execpc.com/~aarons/
 The universe runs on the complex interweaving of three elements: