Re: Spam related...

2000-01-31 16:09:42
On 31 January 2000, Eric Hilding <eric(_at_)hilding(_dot_)com> wrote:

On Mon, 31 Jan 2000, Jean Caron wrote:
I've been trying to deal with what I believe to be chinese spam
(mostly unreadable stuff) for a while now. I'm losing the battle...

I've been DELUGED for months now...have called the Chinese Embassy,
The State Department and my Congresswoman but either no reponses or
zip squat and I am VERY #&%^!!'d about this.  Over 15,000 e-mails in
my Unix inbox now...much spam...and they are now using non ".cn" bogus
addresses to screw around.
[...]

    Then you might try blocking them by network address.  Personally I'm
blocking client access from

        202.90.x.x
        202.91.x.x
        202.108.x.x
        202.109.x.x
        203.248.109.x
        206.158.192.x

    It has been quite effective so far.

    Regards,

    Liviu Daia

--
Dr. Liviu Daia               e-mail:   Liviu(_dot_)Daia(_at_)imar(_dot_)ro
Institute of Mathematics     web page: http://www.imar.ro/~daia