Re: Spam related...

2000-01-31 18:31:43
On Mon, 31 Jan 2000, Eric Hilding wrote:

eh>
eh> On Mon, 31 Jan 2000, Jean Caron wrote:
eh> > I've been trying to deal with what I believe to be chinese spam (mostly
eh> > unreadable stuff) for a while now. I'm losing the battle...
eh> >
eh> I've been DELUGED for months now...have called the Chinese Embassy,
eh> The State Department and my Congresswoman but either no reponses or
eh> zip squat and I am VERY #&%^!!'d about this.  Over 15,000 e-mails in
eh> my Unix inbox now...much spam...and they are now using non ".cn"
eh> bogus addresses to screw around.
eh>
eh> We ALL need to get our hands on someone with the balls to take some
eh> action.  I'm about ready to dig out my passport and hop a plane to
eh> Beijing and castrate these little bastards.  Perhaps a FLOOD of
eh> phone calls to the State Department might help get someone off
eh> their butts to do something.  It is MORE than a 'Procmail' problem.
eh>

  You could always write a nice form letter and a procmail recipe that
automatically forwards each message to the persons mentioned above, see if
they take it seriously then :)
  Of course they may not think its funny.

eh>

--
        S.Toms - tomas(_at_)primenet(_dot_)com - www.primenet.com/~tomas
                   SuSE Linux v6.3+ - Kernel 2.2.14

"Nuclear war would really set back cable."
                -- Ted Turner