Re: Spam related...

2000-02-01 03:50:46
On Mon, 31 Jan 2000 13:51:00 -0800 (PST), Eric Hilding
<eric(_at_)hilding(_dot_)com> wrote:
On Mon, 31 Jan 2000, Jean Caron wrote:
I've been trying to deal with what I believe to be chinese spam
(mostly unreadable stuff) for a while now. I'm losing the
battle...
I've been DELUGED for months now...have called the Chinese Embassy,
The State Department and my Congresswoman but either no reponses or
zip squat and I am VERY #&%^!!'d about this. Over 15,000 e-mails in
my Unix inbox now...much spam...and they are now using non ".cn"
bogus addresses to screw around.

Embassies and Congresses cannot be expected to even understand what
you are talking about.

1. Complain about one spam from each domain. Save the complaint.
2. When they spam you again and/or you get a postmaster bounce,
   send an RBL nomination.
3. Use the RBL to reject SMTP connections from RBLed domains.

See <http://www.iki.fi/era/rbl/rbl.html> for some additional pointers.

One problem is that a lot of Chinese domains have no reverse DNS and
no good contact information. IMNSHO that alone should be enough to get
them on +some+ list, but I don't know who should be running it. (I
would if I had the time and the equipment.)

Anyway, this has nothing with Procmail to do. (obProcmail: If you're
not using some sort of RBL checking already, have a look at the
SpamDunk Sixpack and/or rblcheck. Links are available e.g. at the
Procmail links page <http://www.iki.fi/era/procmail/links.html>)

/* era */

--
 Too much to say to fit into this .signature anyway: <http://www.iki.fi/era/>