trouble setting up .forward file

2000-02-08 01:13:38
Hi people,

I would be most grateful if any replies to this message be sent to
jdl28(_at_)student(_dot_)canterbury(_dot_)ac(_dot_)nz as well as the list,
since I am not
subscribed

I have installed procmail into my personal directory, and it seems to
work ok (I can type procmail < /users/cosc/mail/jdl28 which places the
one mail message in my spool into the correct mailbox), but I can't for
the life of me figure out why, when I try and add a .forward file, it
won't work on me.

The .forward file I use is:

\jdl28, "|<my path deleted for privacy reasons>/bin/procmail"

and what happens is that I get the message I send back, but a delivery
failed message as well, the relevant parts of which are:

   ----- The following addresses have delivery notifications
-----
"|/<my directory>/bin/procmail"  (unrecoverable error)
    (expanded from:
<jdl28(_at_)cosc>)

   ----- Transcript of session follows
-----
/<my directory>/bin/procmail: syntax error at line 6: `('
unexpected
554 "|/<my directory>/bin/procmail"... unknown mailer error 2