Re: trouble setting up .forward file

2000-02-09 11:57:41
Jamie gets this error:

|    ----- The following addresses have delivery notifications
| -----
| "|/<my directory>/bin/procmail"  (unrecoverable error)
|     (expanded from:
| <jdl28(_at_)cosc>)
|
|    ----- Transcript of session follows
| -----
| /<my directory>/bin/procmail: syntax error at line 6: `('
| unexpected
| 554 "|/<my directory>/bin/procmail"... unknown mailer error 2

It looks as though the OS can't read the kind of binary that
~jdl28/bin/procmail is, so it's interpreting it as a shell script.

| Also, I get no logfile output at all,

... because procmail never gets to run.

| and I have compiled procmail for the right architecture.

Maybe you didn't, or maybe the sysadmins installed a new architecture since
you compiled it, or maybe mail delivery takes place on another machine that
runs a different operating system from the machine on which you compiled
procmail.