Re: Trouble with multi-line MATCH

2000-02-17 11:01:59
Philip,

        Really, thanks a million for your clarifications!  i am saving
that last e-mail away!

        On a related note, since "The regexp engine has to keep track
of all of those possibilities", will one day exist a possibility to
backtrack and find the *next* match, in the case that the first one
does not succeed completely.  Can you add this to the "Wish List"?
This may be too much for procmail.  Maybe I should look at something
else.  Any suggestions?

        Thanks again,

        --Ralph

Dr. Ralph P. Sobek                Disclaimer: The above ruminations are my own.
Ralph(_dot_)Sobek(_at_)irit(_dot_)fr                       Addresses are
ordered by importance.
sobek(_at_)irit(_dot_)fr                If all else fails, try:      ralph at
laas dot fr
Phone:(+33)[0]561558618 FAX:(+33)[0]561556258 http://www.irit.fr/~Ralph.Sobek/
Upon the instruments of death the sunlight brightly gleams.   --   King Crimson