Re: Trouble with pm-jamime-decode.rc,v 1.2 1998/03/30 09:49:09

2000-02-19 17:07:38
* Tue 2000-02-15 Ralph SOBEK <sobek(_at_)irit(_dot_)fr> list.procmail
| Hi Era!
|
| Thanks for answering so promptly!  I now see that my
| cut-n-paste of pm-jamime-decode.rc forgot the basics.  Mea culpa!
|
| I can understand that pm-jamime-decode.rc works only in the
| case of a single MIME document in the e-mail,

Right :-)  Since procmail is not MIME aware, I only implemented as far as it can
go. The pm-jamime-kill.rc is really stretching the limits and any serious work
should be delegated to appropriate Perl MIME modules.

I wanted to avoid calling Perl because it's so CPU intensive. If we can do it
with Procmail, let's do it. When we can't, we give the task to outside
processes,
and pay the penalty.

| and this is only
| normal.  I will look at that perl link that you sent me.

| By the way, pm-jamime-decode.rc does require metamail and thus
| mimencode, which does all decoding.

yes. Fortunately these are very efficient calls.

| Otherwise, pm-jamime-decode.rc could count the MIME blocks as
| does pm-jamime-kill.rc.

Good suggestion. I look into this. A new kit release is under a way, I'm just a
litlle busy with my other activities.

I'm probably writing a perl MIME decoder anyway in near future, so I most
probably
integrate it into these modules somewhere.

jari