Re: Counting lines

2000-02-25 21:01:34
Liviu Daia <Liviu(_dot_)Daia(_at_)imar(_dot_)ro> writes:
On 25 February 2000, Bennett Todd <bet(_at_)rahul(_dot_)net> wrote:
2000-02-25-14:53:59 Liviu Daia:
   :0 Bfh
   * H ?? ! ^Lines:
   * -1^0
   *  1^1   ^.*$
   |formail -A "Lines: $="
   Well, the reason I'm adding a "Lines:" in the first place is to make
life easier for my MUA when splitting mbox folders into messages.  Both
the mailer I'm using now and Mutt (that I used a while back) can make
good use of this hint --- provided the count is correct.  However, they
both expect a message produced by

      mail daia </dev/null

to have a "Lines: 0", and one sent with

      echo | mail daia

to have a "Lines: 1", while the recipe above produces "Lines: 1" and
this didn't use to happen before, as David pointed out.

That hasn't changed in 3.15pre, last I checked.  When I do the above here
using 3.15pre I get no Lines: header field for the first (the score was
zero, so the recipe failed) and "Lines: 1" for the second.

Could it be your MTA that's adding the blank line?  What happens when
you try:
        procmail -d $USER <message-with-no-body

Philip Guenther