Re: Chinese Spam Filter

2000-03-05 18:03:34
On Thu, 2 Mar 2000 07:54:45 -0800 (PST), Eric Hilding
<eric(_at_)hilding(_dot_)com> wrote:

Sorry...my inbox with over 17,000 e-mails bit the dust before I
could download and implement that last version of an anti-Chinese
Spam Filter someone had posted.  I am DELUGED with this junk, and
would sure appreciate it if whoever made that post could send it
along again.  I believe it "addressed" pulling the ".cn" from
the "Received:" lines?????  Most regular "From:" lines in these
junk mailings are bogus.
  I have a filter recipe on my site that checks for characters
with the high-bit set (CHR(128)..CHR(255)).  If an email is
more than 5% high-bit characters, it's trapped.  The filter will
count actual high-bit characters and "quoted-printable" versions
thereof.  The filter is on my website (see sig).  Click on
the item about filtering Chinese spam.

  Booby-trap warning... In order to trap high-bit characters,
the filter must list them.  Be careful that the editor you use
can handle high-bit characters.  vim in strict vi-compatable mode
is OK, but native vim mode has problems.  If you see the characters
as "\0xC0", etc, you're OK.

--
Walter Dnes <waltdnes(_at_)waltdnes(_dot_)org> http://www.waltdnes.org
SpamDunk Project procmail spamfilters.