Re: digest messages

2000-03-07 18:28:36
On Tue, 7 Mar 2000, Philip Guenther wrote:

pg> "S.Toms" <tomas(_at_)primenet(_dot_)com> writes:
pg> >
pg> >:0f
pg> >| formail +1 -ds formail -bfi "Reply-To: blah(_at_)blah(_dot_)com" >>
mailfolder
pg> >
pg> >  is there a better way?
pg>
pg> You almost certainly don't want the 'f' flag on that recipe.  It'll cause
pg> an empty message to be processed by the rest of your rcfile.  You should
pg> instead use the 'w' flag to catch the return code of the formail command.
pg> As for making this nicer, you can give formail header alteration flags
pg> (-i, -a, etc) when splitting and they will be applied to each message
pg> that is split out.
pg>
pg>     :0 w:
pg>     | formail +1 -bfi "Reply-To: blah(_at_)blah(_dot_)com" -ds >> mailfolder
pg>

  Ahh, didn't know that could be done like that, I saw the xample in the
formail manpage with the -a but didn't think it applied to -i and
others. Thanks for the tip, I can see a couple other places I might beable
to use somethng similar to that.

pg> The second colon tells procmail to put a locallockfile on the file
pg> specified after the >> in the action.
pg>

  Good point, I missed that one :/

pg>
pg> Philip Guenther
pg>

--
        S.Toms - tomas(_at_)primenet(_dot_)com - www.primenet.com/~tomas
                   SuSE Linux v6.3+ - Kernel 2.2.14

Ambidextrous, adj.:
        Able to pick with equal skill a right-hand pocket or a left.