Re: Unidentified subject!

2000-03-15 23:25:54
On Thu, 16 Mar 2000, Neil Zanella wrote:

nz>
nz> Hello,
nz>
nz> I have been trying to use procmail but sometimes I get the
nz> following messages in my log file:
nz>
nz> procmail: Kernel-lock failed
nz> procmail: Kernel-unlock failed
nz>
nz> Does anyone know what could be causing this and what these messages mean?
nz>

  It means that procmail was unsuccesful when it attempted to create the
lock file, which means either an invalid lock was provided or an attempt
at a lock where not applicable, ie:

:0f
| formail -bfI "X-Loop: Creating X-Loop"
{
  blah..
  blah..
}

that's a bad example, but one I made early on which would ammount to the
above error. Check your rules carefully, you may be calling a destination
folder where it would normally not be required or is an invalid location
for it like the above would be.

nz> Thanks,
nz>
nz> Neil
nz>
nz>

--
        S.Toms - tomas(_at_)primenet(_dot_)com - www.primenet.com/~tomas
                   SuSE Linux v6.3+ - Kernel 2.2.14

Fuch's Warning:
        If you actually look like your passport photo, you aren't well
enough to travel.