Procmail questions..

2000-03-24 09:22:01
Hello,

I have a few mail questions:

How to I set up a 'postmaster' user, where all the mail goes if it is not
caught by the procmail recipie, So I can pick it up with pop3d from
/var/spool/mail/postmaster

Is there anyway to get sendmail to look for messages with the HIGH-PRIORITY
set, and automatically process the mail queue then, when it recieves on,
instead of waiting for the next sendmail -q ?

How can I write a procmail recipie, so when I send a message to say
getdynip(_at_)(_dot_)(_dot_)(_dot_)(_dot_) it automatically e-mails me back
with the current IP of ppp0.

How can I write a recipe, which, if I send a message to say
runme(_at_)(_dot_)(_dot_) it
automatically executes a script on the mailserver...I would like 2 versions
of this, one that saves the message somewhere for logging, and one that
disregards it...

Please e-mail:  ian(_at_)ichilton(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk

Thanks in Advance..

Bye for Now,

Ian

                     \|||/
                     (o o)
 /----------------ooO-(_)-Ooo---------------\
 |  Ian Chilton                             |
 |  E-Mail:    ian(_at_)ichilton(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk           |
 |  Web Page:  http://www.ianchilton.co.uk  |

All e-mail is forwarded to my mobile phone.
(Unless it includes an attachment)

However, I only receive the first 150 characters.
Please structure your message accordingly.

"Unix is user friendly - it's just picky about it's friends."

"Windows is a 32 bit patch to a 16 bit GUI based on a 8 bit operating system
written for a 4 bit processor by a 2 bit company