Re: Procmail questions..

2000-03-24 10:51:33

I don't know about sendmail, but if you were going
to implement a solution in procmail...

I think the priority header looks something like this

High Priority is a 1, low is a six, I think.  I've also
seen headers like this

So you could put something like this near the end of your
procmailrc file.

:0 c
| echo "High Priority Message" | mail -s"Alert!" pagematt(_at_)nowhere(_dot_)com

: How to I set up a 'postmaster' user, where all the mail goes if it is not
: caught by the procmail recipie, So I can pick it up with pop3d from
: /var/spool/mail/postmaster
:
: Is there anyway to get sendmail to look for messages with the HIGH-PRIORITY
: set, and automatically process the mail queue then, when it recieves on,
: instead of waiting for the next sendmail -q ?