Re: Procmail not working with fetchmail, but works with fetchpop

2000-03-24 09:58:04
2000-03-24-11:10:28 Ian Chilton:
So, I suspect my problem is either the Sendmail config, or the
.forward file. I have tried re-typing the .forward file..

Can anyone tell me how to get Procmail to work with Sendmail
/ Fetchmail, because at the moment, it looks like Procmail is
working, but not being invoked when fetchmail receives mail...

I've gotten Sendmail out of my life, can't help you there.

For some reason, I'm not 100% clear on why, Eric really strongly
advocates having fetchmail do it's default thing and relay into the
local mail transport agent, letting it take care of delivery.

I can't for the life of me see why that's nicer than cutting out the
(big, complex) middleman and piping right into procmail. I do that
for my own fetchmail setup. In .fetchmailrc add:

        mda "/usr/bin/procmail"

(adjusting the path if procmail is somewhere else on your system),
and fetchmail should shove the messages straight into procmail.

-Bennett