Re: Decoding MIME Update

2000-04-10 07:28:21
On Thu, 6 Apr 2000, Ralph SOBEK wrote:

Hello Martin,

      Glad to hear that you have tried it.  Yes I have made some
improvements.  It did not handle case nor muliple ISO-8859-1 fileds in
Subject and From headers.  I even allow for ISO8859-1, since I get a
lot of those, broken - I suppose, headers.

Hello Ralph,
 thank you for your recipe, I received also concurrent recipe, which I
tried now and seems to do what I wanted - to remove MIME from headers.
That was my first intention. I'm thinking about removing MIME from body as
well, but in next turn. BTW, I have some perl scripts which can convert
from iso-8859-2 to Windows CP1250, CP1252, KOI8, MAC, iso-8859-1 as well.
So if want to convert between charsets and know what's the source
encoding, you can do it this way. Unfortunately, I can't rewrite the
recipe myself, at least untill it's more documented (what it actually
does).

Anyway, I'm attaching two e-mail's which contain that recipe and perl
script to convert MIME headers. It was written by Per Hedeland from
sendmail.org, thank you again, Per. ;-)

Hope this helps
--
Martin Mokrejs - PGP5.0i key is at http://www.natur.cuni.cz/~mmokrejs
<mmokrejs(_at_)natur(_dot_)cuni(_dot_)cz> Faculty of Science, The Charles