Re: Mr Fetchmail is not playing nice with Mr Procmail! - MORE INFO!

2000-04-13 16:14:12
On Thu, Apr 13, 2000 at 11:13:20PM +0100, Ian Chilton wrote:
Hello,

Further to my last mail, I have found that if you send mail straight to the
linux box (root(_at_)mydomain(_dot_)com), for sendmail to recieve, Procmail
IS invoked
and works...

However, when you use Fetchmail to get mail from a POP3 server, which passes
to sendmail, Procmail is not invoked..

Any ideas?

If procmail is your MDA, it doesn't matter if you mail directly to the linux
box or fetchmail is poping another box and dumping ot your local SMTP
port. Procmail is being invoked. Sounds like the problem is in the way
fetchmail is munging the To: address. It's probably changing your To: address
such that the mail no longer matches your procmail rules.