Re: two questions wrt. distribution recipes

2000-06-13 23:07:33
Collin's answer to use $LASTFOLDER solves Robert's first problem (though
Robert's code could use some other tweaking), so I'll address the second
one:

| The second problem is procmail insists on modifying the 'From '
| line, no matter what command line switches I have tried.  All
| 'From ' lines say the message came from the account that ran
| fetchmail and procmail.  I'd like to have the 'From ' lines be
| left alone, or at most update the timestamp.
|
| Any suggestions?

Yes.  Stop liking that.  It would be a bad thing.

The From_ line should point to the site that readdressed the message, not
back to the original sender.  However, it is all right to preserve the old
From_ line in another header field (or in *a* header field, since technically
the From_ line is not a header).  For example,

  :0fhW
  | formail -R 'From ' 'X-Old-Postmark:'

Then after you fetch the message, you can still see the old From_ line's
contents in the X-Old-Postmark: header if you'd like to know them, but the
From_ line itself will correctly point back to the account that redirected
the message.