Re: Recognizing Newlines with Sed

2000-06-23 20:55:35
SoloCDM wrote:

I successfully used "cat <file> | tr -d '\n'" on a file that "sed
's/\n//g' <file>" failed to properly recognize.  I need sed to
effectively recognize newlines or ask that someone provide a perl
script that will.

Other types used: \d015 (d: decimal), \r, \<newline>, \$, $, .*, *.  I
even used an ampersand before each one and I updated sed.

Is someone willing to create a perl file for me with the following
script conditions?

In a message processed with a .procmailrc recipe, I search for two
lines by devising separate character strings (e.g. xxxxxxx, xxxxxx)
with wild cards (e.g. ., *) amongst the character strings and a return
in the middle that connects the two character strings, then remove the
intended lines with the return found in the message.

If any of you are willing, I need to have it written for processing a
message in a recipe *and* processing a file and string.  I wonder if a
.pl file will cover all three?

Note: Detailed Document(s) and Sample(s) are more than welcome.
      When you reply to this message, please include
      the mailing list and my address.