keeping only the most recent

2000-06-24 11:52:24
Hi.  I have a number of clients that have dial-up internet connections that
have server-assigned (non-fixed) IP addresses.  So, I have a ip-up.local
script that e-mails a special account on my server the ifconfig results.
(So that I always have the current IP address for maintenance purposes.)  I
check the mail with pine.  However, I have to routinely flush out dozens of
mails, because the only relevant one is the most recent.  The mails all
have the same subject line and the same sender.  I'm sure that procmail can
help me here...

I'd like a recipe that overwrites the old mail with the new for each mail
that has the same subject line (different clients' subjects differ slightly).

Anybody have a recipe like this already that wants to share it?  Any other
ideas?

Thanks.

Lee Howard