Re: mailbox lock problem with mailtool

2000-06-26 06:29:47
I work with the combination Sun mailtool / procmail for several years
now. I remember that about 1 or 2 years ago I had a problem with
locking. When the mailfile was locked by procmail when the mailtool
wanted to access it, the mailtoo hang and I had to kill it.

The solution was to install the latest patches for the mailtool. We
searched for the combination mail AND lock on the sunsolve site.
Now I have a mailtool on 2.6 and absolutely no problems. Procmail is
running with kernel lock.

Ralf

I was hoping for a solution that would not effect
procmail. It seems to me that reducing the locking
capabilities of procmail (removing lockf and fcntl)
would oopen the door for other problems.

Is there a solution whereby I can correct the mailtool
problem.  One possibility would be to have the 12
affected individuals not use mailtool. But the problem
is with mailtool on 2.5.1 and 2.6 (as I later
found on the Sun web site).

Any additional ideas, experiences, ...?