Question Regarding OS upgrade and procmail

2000-06-26 12:03:10
We recently upgrade our mail gateway server to Solaris 2.6.  All functionality
seems to be working except when I force or flush my sendmail queue, I receive a
segmentation fault core dumped message.

I have moved those messages out of the way and have no problems with forcing my
queue, which leads me to believe that there is a message that is having
problems with procmail.  We have procmail version 3.10 loaded on our system.
Are there any problems/issues relating version 3.10 procmail to Solaris 2.6?

What is "|procmail"... unknown mailer error 1?  Will this message lead me to
what my problem might be?  It does not look like procmail can be found, but
there were no changes made to it.

Any assistance will be appreciated.

Thank you,
Cassey Horner

Various related information:
# uname -a
SunOS nsmail 5.6 Generic_105181-16 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-Enterprise

% /usr/lib/sendmail -q
sh: procmail: not found
"|procmail"... unknown mailer error 1
Segmentation Fault
# /usr/lib/sendmail -q
Segmentation Fault - core dumped

# pwd
/usr/local/gnu/bin
# ./procmail -v
procmail v3.10 1994/10/31 written and created by Stephen R. van den Berg

berg(_at_)pool(_dot_)informatik(_dot_)rwth-aachen(_dot_)de

Submit questions/answers to the procmail-related mailinglist by sending to:
        procmail(_at_)informatik(_dot_)rwth-aachen(_dot_)de

And of course, subscription and information requests for this list to:
        procmail-request(_at_)informatik(_dot_)rwth-aachen(_dot_)de

Locking strategies:     dotlocking, fcntl()
Default rcfile:         $HOME/.procmailrc
System mailbox:         $HOME/.mail

Cassey A. Horner
Information Systems
Edward Jones